Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dec 9th

Ugh.  All that talk about blogging every day and then I miss the very next day.  In my defense, I was EXHAUSTED yesterday.  After staying up late to do some things, then getting up again at 5:30 for work, working, hosting a play group, cleaning up after play group, taking Lils to her dance rehearsal, etc, I was just beat.  Anyway, yesterday, we hosted a playgroup at our house--it was a Christmas Recipe Swap and the theme was appetizers.  We had lots of yummy food from lots of fun moms and lots of little 4 year olds and 1 or 2 year olds for Lily and Caroline to play with.

Lily with her friend, Alena.  Lily didn't want me to take their picture.


My brain was dead yesterday, so I had planned to pretty much just use the play group as our Christmas "activity".  However, I got inspired by this blog...

http://tsjphotography.com/blog/random-acts-of-christmas-kindness-summary/

I decided we could do a random act of Christmas kindness as well.  There is a house down the street that I love.  I think it's the most beautiful house on the street throughout the whole year, but particularly at Christmas.  They do beautiful wreaths on every window and I just think it's pretty.  I don't know the people who live there...I've never even met them.  So, I just wrote a quick note to them explaining exactly what I said above and stuck it in their mailbox.  I left it Anonymous.  Lily included a note she wrote (with no help) as well that simply said "Lily Mommy Daddy".  Hopefully the notes will make them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment