Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dec 8th

Oy vey.  I promised to try to blog every day this month and since I already missed a few, I'm really trying to keep up with the remainder of the month.  But I am tired tonight and I still have tons to do before bed.  Today, I got up at 5:30 for work, worked until about 9:30, came home, took care of Caroliney and cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the playroom.  We did a pre-Christmas purge of toys.  We usually do it after Christmas, but I got sick of the toys around that are broken or don't get played with or we've just outgrown or I'm just over them being in my house.  So I sorted out all of those and made piles--some for Goodwill, 2 for baby Harrison to grow into, some for a friend, a big bag of trash.  We got Lily from school, ran to the grocery store and 1 more errand, put C down for a nap.  I cleaned while she was napping, but she took a short nap today.  When she got up, we ran the purged toys to their new locations and dropped off something that had been left at our house by a friend.  We went to Walmart for some needed items, came home, had dinner, hung up pictures on the wall in new locations, bundled up the kids and headed to Back to Bethlehem, which was WONDERFUL.  Caroliney cried the whole way home because she wanted to be in her bed so badly.  Both kids are now sleeping and toasty warm in the comfy beds, which is where I would like to be, too.  But, alas, it's not meant to be...I am hosting a playgroup in the morning and so I need to do some cleaning and start on my dish.  It seems like most days are like this for us...busy busy busy...one thing right after another.  I would do a lot for a day of nothing, but it's just not happening anytime soon.  And when I look at my sister's schedule, I know it only gets crazier from here.  So, I will post some pics and call it a night


Our toys and clothes that were heading to new homes.  

I don't know why I love this so much but I do...matching Tinkerbell shoes for the sisters!

Our "new" wall in the playroom. 

Our playroom right after the renovation.

Our playroom now.  We took out the table, hung up hooks for dress up clothes, rearranged some toys, hung up new "art", etc.  A little more playroom-ish.  

Inspired by Pinterest (my new love), I also am rearranging pictures in other areas.  Here is our new stairway picture wall.  I will add more to it, obviously, but I think I'm off to a good start.

In line at Back to Bethlehem.  We were cold, but the kids loved it.  We pushed it a little too far with bedtime and left with 1 sobbing child and 1 whimpering child.  

Despite their becoming too cold and too tired towards the end, they enjoyed it so much.  Lily wanted to watch both Jesus in the barn and Jesus on the cross twice each.  

Petting a camel.

Petting zoo.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment