Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dec 10th

Today was Lily's Dance Recital--to say it was cute is a total understatement.  First of all, I love Lily's school so much.  I can't say I have much (or any) experience with other schools, but there is a lot that this school does that I so appreciate.  I feel as though they certainly treat the kids like kids and understand that a lot of us (like myself) just signed our girls up for dance because they love it and not because we are trying to create Broadway stars. They don't make the kids wear ponytails and tights and don't care if they want to wear fun tutus to class.  The recital fee is quite low and they break it up into 3 recitals...so each class was told what time their recital was and then we all only had to sit through a third of the classes, if that makes sense...so sum it up, we watched less than an hour of dance total.  Lily's class danced second in the line-up and then we got to go get them to come and sit with us to watch the rest of the dances.  She enjoyed that immensely.  Her Mimi and Papa came as well, which thrilled her to no end!  Today did not disappoint!  We also have an evening activity planned with friends.

In her costume--before the recital. 

I was quite impressed with how calm she was--not nervous at all.


The whole class.

After the recital.  

Trying to do an over the shoulder pose to show off her snowflake hair clip.


We have her an American Girl ballet outfit afterwards though explained this was only because it was her FIRST recital and she would definitely not be getting a gift in future recitals.  Not sure why she's strangling her doll here...

No comments:

Post a Comment