Yesterday both girls had their Christmas parties at school. I rearranged my work schedule so that I could be there and then spent my 1 1/2 hours there walking back and forth between their classrooms. It's so nice that they are in the same school that I won't complain though. Another mom and I did the Halloween party for Caroline's class and since there are just other 2, I sort of assumed they would do the Christmas party. But that's not quite what happened. Instead, no one did the party and they had no food at all to eat and their only activities were ones the teacher had planned and brought it. I went and pilfered food from Lily's party to share with Caroliney's class and so it worked out, but seriously?!?! They other mom who did the Halloween party was also the only other mom to show up for the Christmas thing and we both told the teacher to go ahead and put us down for the end of the year party. Luckily, the kids are so young, they didn't notice anything was amiss.
 |
| Caroline with the little girl whose mom and I did the Halloween party together. This little girl also has a 4 year old sister at the same school. She talks A LOT. Her mom says she comes home every day talking about Caroline. I didn't admit that Caroliney has never mentioned her daughter. To be fair, Caroline is a whole 6 months younger than this girl, so their level of what they say is completely different. |
 |
| Making crafts with the teacher. |
 |
| Lily's classroom--they were playing a game where they were trading books. You can tell what serious business this is. |
 |
| Her book came with a bandanna so I doo-ragged her! |
 |
| Hanging with some of her friends. |
Last night, Bryan and I went on a date night! We couldn't do too much because I had to get up so early for work, but we did get to enjoy a nice dinner with no kids, which is awesome!! Our new friend, Faith, came to babysit, which Lily was immensely excited about--she has been begging for Faith to babysit!!! They decorated graham crackers with our cookie decorating supplies and played. Lily loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment