Caroline is now just over 3 weeks old and is doing really well!! She is a great sleeper--usually only getting up once during the night for a bottle and then right back to sleep! It is a relief and I know it could be a lot worse, though it still gets tiring when doing it long term...that is partially because she makes it impossible to go to bed early. Her "fussy period" which used to last only an hour has gradually increased to about 2-3 hours per night and though we still don't consider it colic as it is fussing and crying both, as well as cluster feeding, more than just straight screaming, it is still not pleasant for any involved parties and we usually don't get to bed until around midnight, when she has finally calmed down and I have done the few things I need to do before closing shop for the night. We switched formulas last night...not to the hypoallergenic one Lily was on (and thank goodness for that as I was reminded last night that it is more than twice the price of the other formulas), but to Carnation Good Start, which is semi-hypoallergenic (or something along those lines). I remember it from our colic days with Lily. I feel already like she is more comfortable with it, but it's really too early to tell. I've also contacted the pediatrician to try to get her on a better reflux medication so hopefully that'll make her a little more comfortable.
Today, my littlest rock star rolled herself over from her belly to her back. I was pretty sure that she did it just by accident, but she did it a second time immediately when I rolled her back over. She also obviously smiles...now, before you jump all over me, I admittedly have always been one of the people who don't believe babies just a couple weeks old have social smiles--I definitely thought it happened more around 8 weeks. Lily literally didn't smile a bit until she was 4 months old--I won't even get into her failed 3 month pictures!! However, Caroline definitely makes eye contact and smiles--she does it more for the ceiling fan than for anything else, but Lily and I have gotten a few grins as well--it's pretty special!
I have decided that my 2 girls will rule the world one day!! I'm not sure that they'll do it as a team...in fact, I pretty sure Lily may be like an evil dictator type. She is not an evil child, but I can just see her wanting to use her powers for bad rather than good, just because it may be more fun! She is so sweet--she told me today that I am her favorite person. She tells us all of the time that she loves us and she is unfailingly sweet to the baby. She loves to kiss and hug and help. However, she is also very mischevious--yesterday she clogged the downstairs bathroom sink with a towel and played in the sink while it was slowly filling with water until I wondered why the water was running for so long and came in to check just in the nick of time. Today, she made the biggest Play Doh mess you've ever seen, but she had a lot of fun doing it...and quite clearly didn't regret it even after she got in trouble. So, see... she's sweet, but likes causing trouble, because trouble is fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment