Tuesday night, Lily had her Christmas play at school and I willed myself to be well for it despite the sickness that seems to be intent on premeating our household. I was so excited--Lily has been singing 3 of the songs around the house and in the car for the past few weeks. I knew they were practicing at school and she was very excited to wear her red Christmas "jumpy-er" and get her hair curled. I think most of you parents reading this know the end to this story...sure, she marched in and stood there with her class...and didn't sing a single word. Not one. She maybe did 4 hand motions the whole time. She did, however, suck on her probably germ-covered jingle bell the entire time. Once she spotted me, she seemed to feel a little better and then did do some more motions...with her back to me. I had to giggle!! It's just so typical of a kid!
A video of what she did pretty much the entire time...
This is when Lily spots me for the first time...also giving some love to her teacher again, Miss Linda--Let me say again how thrilled I am that she has a teacher that she loves so much!!
Very excited before the play!! First time with her hair in rollers. Unfortunately, between the rain and the fact she inherited her my hair, the curls didn't actually stay in very well. Hopefully, we'll do better next time.
Very happy after the play--eating treats. Santa was there, and though Lily loves to look at him from about 5 feet away, she has absolutely no interest in sitting on his lap and talking to him. Since the line to meet Santa was to the door, I didn't argue! 
No comments:
Post a Comment