#32--Imagine It! The Children's Museum of Atlanta
Well, we did another super-fun one on the list...but again I was a bad blogger and a bad mommy and didn't bring my camera. This time, I just forgot to put in my bag, remembered shortly after leaving the house, but decided against going back for it since I was worried about running late due to the rain. Oh well!! It's the experience that counts, right?!?
Lily and I went to Imagine It--the Children's Museum and had a wonderful time!! We met Heather and Kai there and arrived just in time for the show that was starting, which included lots of singing and dancing, 2 of Lily's favorite things. We then played with all of the exhibits--a mini grocery store, a little fishing game where the kids actually put on rain coats and fish with magnetic fishing rods and magnetic plastic fish, the Curious George exhibits and too many others to name. Lily's favorite was the painting one--the kids put on aprons and get a little paint palette and brush and paint on a piece of plastic--Lily went through 3 palettes of paint--she loved that one the most. She also really loved the giant stand up sand box--she used the shapes to make lots of things. It was a super fun time!!
As I posted before, we've been to the children's museum in Gainesville before and I'd heard they were very similar. However, I found them to be very different and it's hard to say if one was better than the other. They both had something that the other didn't have that Lily loved. The Atlanta one had some exhibits which Lily loved so much, such as the paint one and the sandbox, but the Gainesville one had more pretend exhibits and real dress-up clothes as well as the real cars, trucks, etc. The Atlanta one was definitely more crowded, but Heather, who has been there numerous times, feels that's because we went during a week day and there were so many school groups there. She's been before on a weekend and said there was no one there. I certainly think that both museums are worth going to. Heather and I have decided on a Dad's day to take the kids there in January while Heather and I go to get pedi's!!
No comments:
Post a Comment