Several weeks ago, Lily and I drove to Gainesville to do a sort of impromptu visit with one of my college roommates. She has a little girl, Sarah, who is 5 years old and a one year old boy named Will and we thought it would be fun to meet, play, and check out their museum. We had the BEST time!! Lily LOVED Sarah, who is so into princesses and dressing up and all of the good girly stuff that Lily also loves. Plus, Sarah has had a few more years to accumulate things and so Lily loved her selection of dress-up clothes and shoes!! We started the day at the museum and had a blast!! They have a great museum with a mini grocery store, dentist's office, hospital, restaurant, bank, etc. They have a stage with tons of dress-up clothes as well as a real full-sized airplane, police car, and firetruck and a fake choo-choo train that the kids can play in. There is so much more than that as well, but it's really too much to list. We just had so much fun. I had a lot of fun seeing an old friend as well--Beth and I met freshman year in college and became good friends. It is always nice to hang out with someone who is so relaxed and easy to be around. I see more trips to Gainesville in our future!!
Lily checking out at the grocery store. The kids actually go behind the counter and "ring up" the items as well--Lily enjoyed selecting them and putting them in the cart much more than ringing them up.

Baby Will--a great layed-back second child--sort of what we are hoping for this time around!!!

Miss Sarah--she was so sweet to play with Lily all day long.

Lily wearing a chef's hat, but pretending to be a server and bring us food at the mini restaurant. It was great!

Lily in scrubs--I know this is a weird face she is making, but Lily in scrubs was just so cute that I had to put it on here and this is the only picture I got. She was moving so fast this day and into everything, that I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.

Lily and Sarah playing dress-up at the museum. Lily is wearing what she refers to as a wedding dress, which is, by Lily's definition, any pretty gown. Sarah is a pink cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment