Sunday, February 1, 2009

Update

Happy Super Bowl everybody!! I am not a sports fan, so Lily and I watched a little of the Puppy Bowl and I've just put her in bed. She is getting so big, it's kind of unbelievable. Last weekend, she started talking in short sentences, which we were excited about. They mainly consist of 2 words, i.e. "Sammy bark" or "Me walk!", etc, but she has said a few 3 word sentences and even a 4 worder once! She told her first "joke" earlier this week--I asked her what a dog said and she squeeked like a mouse and laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. She's been being silly intentionally for a while (such as putting things on her head to make me laugh), but this was her first real joke. Tonite she sang "A, B, C, D, E, F" which I thought was pretty impressive! She says more and more words every day and understands practically everything we say. She needs her head yes and no, which is such a big help. We are really looking forward to her birthday party! I can't imagine what she'll be doing by the time that rolls around.

Bryan and I went house-hunting yesterday. We saw a couple possibilities, but nothing we were super excited about. I guess we'll keep looking. Please keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog - thought I'd return the favor! I'd love to chat soon to hear all about the weekend with FOUR kids. We were thinking fondly of ya'll while we sipped (gulped) our wine and walked on the beach collecting shells. We miss ya'll so much and can't wait for the beach trip!

    ReplyDelete