Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 4 and Day 5

Bryan had to go to class on Monday (day 4), so I did things by myself. I went back to the American History Museum to see some things that I'd wanted to see that I'd missed before. I walked by Ford's Theatre and the house where Lincoln died. I went to Madame Tussauds's wax museum (possibly my fav part of the trip!) and I went to souvenir shops for presents. Good times!! I can't remember the last time I spent a day by myself doing exactly what I wanted to do!! That night, we went out for a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary.


Jackie Kennedy's dress. This was part of the first ladies exhibit. Each first lady donates their inaguration dress.
Martha Washington's dress.
Mary Lincoln's dress--her waist looks so tiny to me!
Julia Child's kitchen.

At the Wax Museum!!! The figures look a lot more realistic in person than in the pictures.
Barack and I are really good friends now.




George asked me out, but I had to tell him I was married.


The wax figure party that I went to!!


Bryan and I at dinner that night.



I am not going to do a seperate post for Day 5. I didn't take a single picture. I went to the mall, walked around, bought Lily a dress on sale from Hanna Andersson (on of my fav catalogs) and went to see a movie by myself. I've never seen a movie alone before and I'm here to report it's exactly the same as seeing a movie with someone else. I flew home that night. The trip was just amazing! So nice to get away for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment