Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 1 of our DC Trip

Yesterday I flew home from DC after Bryan and I spent 5 days there to celebrate our 5 yr wedding anniversary (on February 21st). Bryan was already going to be there this week for a class for GEICO and so we decided that we would go up a few days early, have some fun, and then I'd fly home on Tuesday. We left Lily with my parents!! It was our second fun trip away from her, and it was a lot of fun! It was nice to be reminded of how easy life is without a child and how relaxing it can be. I was super excited to get home to her, of course, but I admit I enjoyed my time away. I have way too many pictures and way too little time at this point, so I'm going to do each day at a time. We drove up on Friday. Bryan wanted to drive instead of fly so that we could have a little adventure. We stopped at this natural bridge along the way--we saw about 4000 signs on the highway for it, so we felt it was a must-see. It was only a quarter of a mile walk to see it and it was pretty cool--it's 215 feet high (higher than Niagara Falls) and about 100 feet wide. At one point, the land was owned by Thomas Jefferson. Also, George Washington surveyed the land, and carved his initials on the rock--at least, according to them he did--Bryan and I called bull on that one, but who knows?!? We got to DC around 4:30 pm and checked-in. We went out for dinner and to see a movie that night--very nice!!!

Poor Bryan--I'm always trying to get him to do dorky things and sometimes I'm successful.


Walking to the bridge--enjoying the cool weather.

The bridge--pretty cool, right?!

George Washington's initals (if you so choose to believe).

No comments:

Post a Comment