Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School!!

Yesterday was Lily's first day of Mommy's Morning Out. She'll be going 2 days a week for 4 hours a day. We talked about it all summer long and she knew what she'd be doing there and that she'd be going alone to play with kids and have fun. Yesterday she was very excited, but obviously nervous. I walked her in and she cried when it came time for me to leave. It was very hard to see her scared and I'll admit I cried a little too after I got in the car. And, okay, after I got home, I had to call my sister crying, but she talked me off the ledge and I was fine. I was even better when I went to go pick her up and she was so happy! She got in the car and yelled "Mommy, I drew a picture!". Her teacher said she did really well and didn't cry for long at all. She is already excited to go back tomorrow. What a big girl!

After school...I tried to get her to pose with the pictures she drew, but she didn't want to. I was just happy she was smiling this big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment