Friday, March 20, 2009

March 7th--Lily's Tea Party!

For the second year in a row, we had Lily's birthday party in Greenville at my parents house. We like to have it there because all of Bryan's extended family lives in North Carolina and it gives them an opportunity to see Lily and the other babies in the family without having to drive to Georgia. It also allows us to celebrate with my sister's family, who would probably not be able to drive to Atlanta for a party what with 3 kids and all! This year we had a very girly tea party--I figured it may be my last year to plan it with the theme I want and so I went all pink! Hopefully she'll like pink, but in the event she wants a sports themed party, at least I've done the girly party one year. It was a wonderful day! The weather couldn't have been better. We were thrilled that all of Bryan's family on his Mom's side came to the party. We made it a joint party with Lily's cousin, Anna, whose birthday is 3 weeks before hers and they wore super-cute coordinated dresses. My sister-in-law, Johanna, had an absolutely precious cake made and my mom handled the rest of the food, which was totally delicious. We played for a bit, then ate the yummy food, and opened presents. As you can imagine, Lily tore into hers--she has certainly reached the age where she gets how fun it is to open presents. We then ate the yummy cake and put the girls down for a nap--when Lily and Anna got up from their naps, they played outside and swung. It was perfect! We really couldn't have asked for a better 2nd birthday party for our little girl.

The yummy food.


The desserts!!

The cool cake--the top was a table set for a tea-party. Too cute!

Lily's individual cake--this year, she ate it with a fork!

The table setting.

We asked everyone to wear hats--of course, I'm the only one who ended up wearing one--don't I look gorgeous?

Elmo blew bubbles and Lily LOVED him!!

The birthday girls!!! So cute in their coordinating dresses. They were laughing at Aunt Johanna making funny faces.

The cousins on Bryan's side of the family--Allison, Lily, and Anna. Anna hated the grass poking her and Lily was interested in a blade of grass that was on her hand. Allison was the only one being good for the cameras!

After the above failed attempt, we decided to get a pic of the cousins with their mommies holding them.

Aunt Jo and Anna opening presents--After Lily got finished with hers, she wanted to open Anna's too! Why not?!? She didn't want to steal them, just assist Anna with the unwrapping! :)

David digging in the dirt!

Lily and her Daddy--after the nap, just playing outside.

1 comment:

  1. Bena, I LOVE all of these pictures! And that cake - is unbelievable!! So cute. I can't believe Lily is 2! wow. xoxo

    ReplyDelete