We recently drove to Gainesville to join my friend, Beth, and her kids, Sarah and Will for a butterfly festival. Sarah is a couple years older than Lily and therefore infinitely cool. The butterfly festival was lots of fun. All of the kids there were given a little envelope with the butterflies inside and then had to wait about 3 minutes when it was time to release the butterflies. Um...yeah. Giving a 4 year old an envelope with a living creature in it and expecting her to know not to crush it without me telling her was not the smartest decision I've ever made. I took the one envelope that she had "felt" a lot and gave her Caroliney's, which I was holding...I'm not stupid enough to give one to C. When we all opened our envelopes, I'll just say that mine didn't fly to far and I'll leave it at that. Lily's flew right at her face, which scared the dickens out of her. For the most part, the butterflies survived and filled the sky, flying in circles and landing on all of us which, again, scared the dickens out of Lily.
Waiting for their butterflies...
While we were waiting for our butterflies, Caroliney spied a wobbly man (balloon man), which she was the coolest thing there!!!
These are the envelopes that the butterflies were in. Crazy, huh?

After the butterfly release, the girls went and played in a little stream at the park.
No comments:
Post a Comment