Friday, June 18, 2010

Beach Trip 2010!!!

So...we went to Greenville for several days and the beach for (almost) a week and all I got was this lousy t-shirt. That's my way of saying I didn't take any pictures...well hardly any. I wish I could say that I had planned this ahead, that I wanted to be a Mommy who enjoyed the moment instead of whipping out my camera and made the moment about getting a picture. That I wanted to just live in it and be in it and not have to record everything. And I did do those things. And I enjoyed doing them. I loved just enjoying my sweet daughters and playing with them without taking pictures all week. However, I am also a very sad Mommy who has no pictures of Caroline's first beach trip...her first First Week if you are from G-ville. I, like everyone, get bummed coming home from vacation and looking at pictures always cheers me up. But, oh well, what's done is done!!

Here's how it all went down (if you are interested in a quick synopsis). We went to G-ville on Wednesday and my lovely friend Paige, who takes such beautiful pictures, came over Thursday morning to take some family pictures. She happened to be in Greenville that day only before she embarked on her wedding trip to Iowa.

I'm going to save the family pictures to be used for cards or whatnot, but I'll share some of my favorite, other shots.




Friday night was of course the party at my sister's house and we left Saturday morning for Litchfield. We always divide up the cars and it seems as though my sister and I get the short end of the stick as we ride in my sister's van with Anna, Lily, David, and Caroliney. Bryan and Reg ride down with Austin only! My sister and I have fun and the whole point of doing it that way is that the kids distract each other--the trip down was perfect!! No whining from the 3 year olds and hardly any crying from the 4 month old--Big Girl Anna entertained her half of the way and I got to ride shotgun half the trip!! The week at the beach was perfect--great weather, great fun! Lily loved the beach and the waves and the water. She was such a good girl all week. Caroline was not so big on the beach--she didn't like the breeze or the sunshine. My family was wonderful to stay at the house with her some so that I did get to spend some of the time on the beach with Lily. It was just a great relaxing week...and here are the only pictures I took...well, Bryan actually took them, to be honest.

Lily and D with their trucks in D's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment