Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wild West Sing-Along

Tuesday at Lily's school, they had a little sing-along with an invitation for the parents to join the kids afterwards for a snack as well. Of course I went and of course, in true Nichols family tradition, Lily didn't sing a single word! What was so funny is that she had been singing about snakes around the house and doing a hand motion with it, which I didn't even realize was for the sing-along, but today, there she sat, refusing to sing or do the hand motion, which we've been seeing her day for a week now. What a silly kid!! The sad news of the day is that her favorite teacher left for a better paying job, and though I understand since her husband has been out of work, it still makes me sad for Lily, who keeps asking where she went. However, her new teacher will also be her teacher next year, so at least she will know her before next school year even begins. In the video, Lily is indeed sitting on some teacher's lap, but not one of her teacher's--I guess she figures any old lap is better than sitting on the floor!

My little cowgirl!!

The sea of cowboy hats!

Eating trail mix in her classroom after the singalong.


No comments:

Post a Comment